Rules & Regulation
DISTRACTED DRIVING VIRAL VIDEO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Videos can be submitted from 10/2/17 at 12:00am ET until 10/29/17 at 11:59pm ET (the “Submission Period”) and the On-Line Voting Period runs from 11/6/17 at 12:00am ET until 11/26/17 at 11:59pm ET (the “Winners Voting Period”).
1. OVERVIEW: The Distracted Driving Viral Video Contest (the “Contest”) is Sponsored by Cox Media, LLC and Hall | MileOne Autogroup (“Sponsors”). The Contest consists of two separate phases:
Phase 1 – From 10/02-10/29/17, eligible High School Students can submit their video essays on the topic of the hazards of “Distracted Driving” – Maximum Video Length is 2:00 – Videos running longer than 2:00 will be considered ineligible.
Phase 2- Four (4) videos will be selected from the Submission Period by the Judges based on the criteria and point scale outlined below. These four (4) videos will be uploaded to www.No2dd.com for viewing by the public and public voting from 11/6-11/26/17.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Virginia fourteen (14) years of age to (19) nineteen years of age who are enrolled in an eligible high school and have a valid email address and Internet access as of the date of entry. Entrant must be a high school student of one of the following Hampton Roads area high schools: Academy at Newport News, Achievable Dream High, Alliance Christian Schools, Atlantic Shores Christian School, Barry Robinson Center, Bayside High, Bethel High, BINA High School, Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School, Booker T. Washington High, Bruton High, Cape Henry Collegiate School, Chesapeake Bay Academy, Churchland High, Cumberland Academy, Deep Creek High, Denbigh Baptist Christian School, Denbigh High, East End Academy, First Colonial High, Floyd Kellam High, Frank W. Cox High, Gloucester High, Grafton High, Granby High, Grassfield High, Great Bridge High, Green Run Collegiate, Green Run High, Greenbrier Christian Academy, Hampton Christian High School, Hampton High, Hampton Roads Academy, Harbor Point Behavior Health Center, Heritage High, Hickory High, I.C. Norcom High, Indian River High, Jamestown High, Kecoughtan High, Kempsville Center for Behavioral, Kempsville High, Lafayette High, Lake Taylor High, Landstown High, Matthew Fontaine Maury High, Menchville High, New Kent High, Newport News Behavioral Health, Norfolk Academy, Norfolk Christian Schools, Norfolk Collegiate School, Norview High, Oaktree Academy, Ocean Lakes High, Oscar F. Smith High, Oyster Point Academy, Peninsula Catholic High School, Phoebus High, Poquoson High, Portsmouth Christian Schools, Princess Anne High, Providence Classical School, Rivermont School – Hampton, Rivermont School – Tidewater, Salem High, Stonebridge School, Summit Christian Academy, Tabb High, Tallwood High, Talmudical School of Norfolk, Tidewater Adventist Academy, Virginia Beach Friends School, Walsingham Academy, Warhill High, Warwick High, West Point High, Western Branch High, Williamsburg Christian Academy, Woodrow Wilson High, Woodside High, York High, and York River Academy. Entries can be submitted by individual high school students or groups of students from the same high school. Groups cannot exceed four (4) students. Previous “Distracted Driving Viral Video Contest” Grand Prize winning students are not eligible to enter or win. Employees and agents of Cox Media, LLC, Hall | MileOne Autogroup, or other businesses associated with the promotion of the Contest, and each of their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and members of their families or persons residing in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or to appear in any video. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organization connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsors to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE NO2DISTACTEDDRIVING VIDEO CONTEST CONTEST:
a. Entry Process. You may enter the Contest during the Submission Period by going to http://www.no2dd.com to download the entry form (the “”Entry Form”), which must be completed and submitted along with your video. Create a video that addresses the official topic of “Distracted Driving” including anything that takes someone’s sole focus off of driving (e.g.,. – texting while driving, talking on the phone while driving, interacting with vehicle passengers, putting on make-up, etc.) and upload your video and completed Entry Form at http://ww.no2dd.com. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. The file format for all uploaded videos must be .MOV, .MP4 or .WMV. The maximum length of the video is two (2) minutes. The Website’s database clock will be the official time keeper for online entries in this Contest. Entries that include invalid, non-working, or inactive contact information will be disqualified and will be ineligible to win. Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules will be reviewed and verified by Sponsors during the Submission Period and those videos selected as Finalists will be posted to the Website for public voting. Entries that are not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified and videos may not be returned.
Limit one (1) submission per person and per email address and per household. Students may not participate in more than one group entry. Multiple entries in excess of these limitations or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Any use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. The use of multiple accounts is prohibited. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Videos in the appropriate file format and saved on appropriate media (thumb drive, CD, DVD, etc.) can also be submitted “No2DistactedDriving Video Contest,” c/o Cox Media, 1341 Crossways Blvd., Suite 1168, Chesapeake, VA 23320. All physical entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form, available here. All information requests on the entry form must be completed and answered truthfully. Failure to do so could result in disqualification. All mailed entries must also be received by 10/29/17.
Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries, for corrupted files, or for files that are otherwise unable to be opened, or for entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, and all such entries may, at Sponsors’ discretion, be disqualified. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with entrant, or Sponsors.
b. Entry Restrictions. Entrants must not engage in any unsafe behavior in connection with creating video entries (e.g., entrants should not engage in texting, etc.) while actually operating a moving motor vehicle). Videos (1) cannot depict trademarked apparel; (2) must be suitable for a general audience and not contain any act that is considered dangerous; (3) cannot contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors); (4) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsors; (5) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works, music or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsors to use in connection with this Contest (collectively, “Authorized Assets”). Any elements appearing in your video must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. All videos become the property of Sponsors, and none will be returned.
c. Phase 1 – Finalists Video Selection and Notification Process.
Four (4) videos from the Submission Period will be selected as “Finalists.” Finalists videos will be selected by a committee of judges consisting of representatives from Hall | MileOne Autogroup and Cox Media based on the following criteria (“Criteria”): (1) Creativity (25%); (2)_Relevance of message (50% [i.e. – relaying the hazards and consequences of “Distracted Driving”] ); and (3) an emotional connection to the message (25%). In the event of a tie, the score for “Relevance of message” will be used as a tiebreaker. All decisions of the Contest judges are final.
Each Finalist will be notified during normal business hours at the telephone number shown on their entry form.
d. Winners Selection Process. During the Winners Voting Period, visitors to the Website will be prompted to vote for their favorite video from among all Finalists. The winner selection will be based on a combination of online video views popularity (25%), online polling/voting popularity (50%), and judges’ input (25%). “Please note that even if your video is shown as the leader at the close of the Winners Voting Period, you have not yet won. All results are unofficial until verified by Sponsors. Any votes determined to be generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
On or about December 4, 2017, the top four (4) videos that receive the highest scores will be the named the potential Grand Prize Winner, Second Place Winner, Third Place Winner and Fourth Place Winner, respectively, upon verification by Sponsors. Sponsors will notify each Winner on or about December 5, 2016 via telephone during normal business hours at the telephone number shown on the potential Winner’s entry form. In order to accept and receive the Prizes, each potential Winner will be required to provide and/or complete the following items and send them to Sponsors within five (5) days of notification: (i) proof of his or her age and residency, (ii) a signed affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release form (except where prohibited), and (iii) a properly completed W-9 form. If Sponsors is unable to contact the potential Grand Prize winner within 48 hours, then Sponsors will select an alternate potential Winner based on the video that received the next highest score. Sponsors will select up to two (2) alternate potential Winners. If Prizes are not claimed and awarded after the selection of two (2) alternate potential Winners, then the Prize will not be awarded and shall remain the property of Sponsors. In the unlikely event that there is a tie, the potential Grand Prize Winner or other Prize Winners will be the video with the higher score for most online votes.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS
a. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Package of three thousand and five hundred dollars ($3,500) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner(and one (1) Grand Prize Package of three thousand and five hundred dollars ($3,500) will be awarded to the winning student/student group’s high school with a total estimated retail value of $7,000 (the “Grand Prize”). Also, Sponsors have the right (but not the obligation) to broadcast the Grand Prize Winner(s) video.
b. Second Place Prize. One (1) Second Place Prize Package of three hundred dollars ($300) will be awarded to the Second Place Prize Winner witha total estimated retail value of $300 (the “Second Prize”).
c. Third Place Prize. One (1) Third Place Package of two hundred dollars ($200) will be awarded to the Third Place Prize Winner with a total estimated retail value of $200 (the “Third Prize Winner”).
d. Fourth Place Prize. One (1) Fourth Place Prize Package of one hundred dollars ($100) will be awarded to the Fourth Place Prize Winner with a total estimated retail value of $100 (the “Fourth Prize Winner”).
The prizes are not transferable, may not be sold or bartered by the winner and no substitution of prize or winner is permitted. The applicable prize value will be divided equally among the members of a winning group entry, Each member of a group entry team must be clearly identified on the entry form and must execute any release that Sponsors may require.
5. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors. The decisions of Sponsors regarding the selection of the winners, the award of prizes and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
6. AUTHORIZATION/PUBLICITY RELEASE:
a. Authorization. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR VIDEO IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (II) YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO FROM EVERYONE APPEARING IN THE VIDEO AND FROM THE OWNERS OF ALL LOCATIONS APPEARING IN THE VIDEO, AND YOU CAN MAKE THOSE AUTHORIZATIONS AVAILABLE TO SPONSORS UPON REQUEST; (III) THE VIDEO YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION; AND (IV) YOU WILL NOT DISSEMINATE OR OTHERWISE SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO TO ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR PUBLICATION.
b. Publicity Release. By entering the Contest, you agree that Sponsors, and their corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns, and the owners, stockholders, predecessors, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, attorneys, and divisions of each, AND all those for whom they are acting (collectively, the “released parties”) have the absolute right and permission to publish your VIDEO on the Website and other media, and to broadcast, publish, or otherwise use your VIDEO and your name and likeness in connection with the Contest or for any commercial purpose without compensation to you. By entering, you agree that THE RELEASED PARTIES shall have the right (but not the obligation) to telecast, broadcast, copy, edit, create derivative works of, distribute, display, use, or otherwise publicly display any or all of the VIDEOS, or any portion thereof, in any manner or medium for any purpose, without limitation or compensation to you.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, entrants acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties make no representations or warranties, express or implied, about any prize. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF (A) ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED EVENT; AND/OR (B) A WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
8. INDEMNIFICATION: If Sponsors’ use of your video causes Sponsors to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify Sponsors and each of their owners, stockholders, predecessors, successors, assigns, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, attorneys, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parents, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all related damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees).
9. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
10. SPONSORS: Distracted Driving Viral Video Contest, c/o Cox Media, LLC, 1341 Crossways Blvd, Ste 1168, Chesapeake, VA 23320 and Hall | MileOne Autogroup, 441 Viking Dr Virginia Beach, VA 23452. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: Names of the winner may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s List, “No2DistactedDriving Video Contest,” c/o Cox Media, at 1341 Crossways Blvd., Suite 1168, Chesapeake, VA 23320 after December 18, 2017.